Monday, 18 August 2014

Useful Python Resources

Below is a list of Python Resources which I have found during my continuous journey of learning Python.

I will keep adding to this list as I find more useful resources, so please, if you have anything you would like me to add to this list, then let me know. I would love to hear you comments on any of the resources listed below.

Python.org


The main Python website, loads of useful information on here. 

Pygame.org



This website introduces you to a set of modules designed for writing games in Python. I have written a couple of blogs which will help you get started in Pygame.



inventwithpython.com


For me this was the best way to learn Python. By the time I was through the "Invent Your Own Games With Python" I was well on my way to being able to program in Python.  



More involved than I was initially expecting, and the online material had a few hiccups which I am sure are now ironed out. Great fun and looked into many concepts of Computer Science. 


A free on-line book. Not one I have used, but have heard a lot of positives about it.




Again not one I have used, but very good reviews from those who have.  


A lot of free Python Books!


The official Style Guide for Python Programming. Definitely worth reading. 


Another free on-line Python book.




How to think like a computer scientist. A free Python book introducing Python to beginners. 


A really handy Python cheat sheet to refer to.